PRP/ Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy
Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy is an innovative therapy used as a stand-alone treatment or as an adjunct treatment during a hair restoration procedure. Ideal for men and women who wish to take restorative and preventative hair loss measures.
PRP or platelet rich plasma treatments are a procedure that involves using components of a patient’s own blood to promote stimulation of hair growth. So, it is actually more for treating hair loss rather than preventing it. Although medical providers have been using PRP in other fashions, such as injections into joints for orthopedic ailments, it is relatively new in treating hair loss.However, many anecdotal and case studies have shown very promising results.
As a non-surgical, therapeutic treatment, PRP increases blood flow to the scalp, in turn stimulating hair growth, accelerating tissue repair and/or preventing further hair loss. PRP therapy is a convenient in-office one-hour session.
- Safe and fast
- In-Office Treatment
- Convenient and non-invasive
- Overall higher and better graft take
- Faster healing rate in both the donor and recovery sites
- Increased growth factors in transplanted hairs
- Potential for thicker hair
- May be used for a variety of hair loss disorders, including alopecia areata